Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Should I accept...

A couple of days ago, I met a friend who got a reggae sound system. He is really into music and he’s about to have a big party in a night club in my city.
As you may know, I'm really into music too. I'm keen on reggae and Jamaican culture.

That's why my friend proposed me to mix some music at the party. It will be a lady night. Strictly sistas pon the stage…I’d love it.
It’s been more or less two years since I started to collect reggae vinyl. Of course, my collection is for me, but it’s just like writing… If you write, you want people to read you. If you collect vinyl, you want to play in parties and to have people screaming in front of you because they love your music.

But at the same time, I feel like I’m unable to mix in front of people. I’m not ready yet. The only time I did something like this, it was for my birthday. There were only a couple of friends.


Kind of people who would never say “Make her leave the place. She’s bad.”

I’m very excited, but if I flop, I will never be able to do it again. It will be the raise and the fall on the same night!

Maybe I should try. I gonna leave this city in 4 months anyway…I’ll try not to go out any longer if this party is a big failure… I’ll eat only cans and I’ll buy a couple of cats…

But if it’s a success, be sure you’ll hear about it!!

4 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Sijeka said...

ill be there.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Lady Lema said...

I'll hope so ;)

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gwaan selecta...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Lady Lema said...

remember... woman a come !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home